Southwell Minster - painting on canvas. The West front of Southwell Minster. A large Cathedral in a small village. It is situated six miles from Newark-on-Trent and thirteen miles from Mansfield. It is the seat of the Bishop of Southwell and Nottingham and the Diocese of Southwell and Nottingham. In 1805 Archdeacon Kaye gave the Minster the
Newstead lectern; once owned by
Newstead Abbey, it had been thrown into the Abbey fishpond by the monks to save it during the Dissolution of the Monasteries, then later discovered when the lake was dredged.
Return and Refund Policy
- Painting, Canvas
- One of a kind artwork
- Size: 91.4cm x 61cm (actual image size)
- It is supplied in a black frame ready to hang, fitted with ‘D’ rings and picture cord.
- Complete with Certificate of Authenticity
- Accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity